Monday, February 15, 2010

A Week of Firsts

This was a big week of firsts. Olive is learning to be one of my "office dogs". Each staff member at Bergin U has a group of dogs that share their office. The dogs range in age from puppies to graduate dogs and often include personal dogs. On my side of the building I have all the intact females. Olive shared her office with two of my personal dogs, Holly and Florence. The Bergin U dogs she joined are Chrissy and Nora. She really enjoyed playing with Chrissy. I don't have any pictures of this but will get some next week.

We had our first real fieldtrip on Friday. We have had fieldtrips where the pups were carried but Friday they were walking by themselves. We went early before the mall was really open. We cause quite the scene with 7 students and 7 puppies parading through the mall. All of the pups did really great.





After that first field trip the pups were exhausted. They all crashed! I was able to sneak this picture.



As the pups get older they must learn more self control. One of the "games" we play each night is the treat game. All of the pups sit in front of me and when I say their name they get a treat. They have to learn not to grab at the treat, that they must wait for it to be given to them when it is their turn.



We had a 3 day weekend so the pups got plenty of running in the grass and playing in the sunshine. Here are a few pictures of the fun.














After all the fun outside Olive is practicing being a house dog. Here she is enjoying the couch.



I think thats all to report for now. She and the rest of the pups are growing like weeds...they will be all grown up before we know it!

Molly, Olive and the Z's

No comments:

Post a Comment