Saturday, March 6, 2010

One of "those"

Okay, it is official. I have become one of "those" puppy owners. My assistance dog friends surely have had puppy raisers like this and I know my breeder friends have had puppy buyers like this. You know, the over protective, over worried puppy owner. It is hard to believe that after a lifetime of owning dogs (mostly labradors), living in a house full of dogs and whelping/raising almost 20 litters of pups, that Olive has turned me into one of "those".

OMG...she blinked...that is soooo cute. OMG....she sneezed....is she sick? OMG...is she eating enough? This is me. I finally had to stop myself from concocting all of these mixtures of food items trying to get her to eat more. I realized that she will never eat just kibble if I don't stop this. She is growing up so fast!

I joined a local dog training club and Olive and I will start conformation classes in about two weeks. I also want to take a rally class but the new session does not start until April. In the meantime we continue to work on basic obedience.

We have been doing tons of field trips. This weekend we conquered Target and Costco. Both places were insanely busy but she handled it like a pro. There was another dog in training at Costco and she didn't react or try to visit the other dog. The other dog - well, not so well behaved....

Today we took a canoe ride. There is this little area on the way to the beach that always has cars lined up and people launching canoes. Rick has been dying to try this out so we loaded up Gabe, Olive and the canoe and off we went. It is about 5.5 miles down the Ocean. We made it to just before the Ocean but had to turn around because it got really shallow. Olive slept almost the entire time. Next week will be her first beach trip!








Love,

Molly and Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment